Off the Beaten Path

Since Monday, I have been at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Spencer, Tennessee. My friend Kim has a timeshare and this was close enough to her home near Nashville for a much needed vacation. She invited me up for a few days and I couldn't refuse her offer. I've even brought my sewing machine with me.

We have plans to go into the park tomorrow and maybe eat at the Fall Creek Falls Inn Restaurant. I have some plans to work on a quilt project, too! It will be the coldest day yet of our visit getting up to only around 40F.

Today, we went into Nashville for an appointment of hers and on the way, we encountered this wonderful painted sign on an old barn on the side of Hwy 30 between Spencer and McMinnville. I love it! Made her turn around so I could take a picture.

I've decided that maybe that's how we should select all our representatives - a bowl-off! Couldn't be any more of a crap shoot than what we do now!

So I had to Google "Bowling for Congress" and found out that Janice Bowling of Tullahoma, TN, made a failed bid for the U.S. House of Representatives back in 2002. She is apparently still in public service back home, but this stands as a reminder of former aspirations. Here's a view from the side...

Comments