Making Good Neighbors

Quite a few weeks ago, new neighbors moved into a house in the next block. Ours is a very short street, so I have been neglectful in going down to introduce myself-until today. They are a cute little couple, even if they did go to Mississippi State. They were hosting both sets of parents for a late lunch when I stopped by. Seems today was one mom's birthday. I won't be too much trouble though seeing as how I can't find my M flag anywhere. That's for Ole Miss, if you were wondering.

I decided to make them some of that delicious homemade lemonade that Gwen made back at the Fourth of July. Didn't want to purchase a new container as my neighborhood is all about the recyling. So I took a clean and empty cranberry juice bottle and added my own labels. Pretty cute I thought. And I used my newly purchased Juicit which made quick work of those lemons and the one lime I had.

HOMEMADE LEMONADE
2 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice
juice of 2 limes
6 cups filtered water
1.5 - 2 cups sugar

Heat the water up just enough to melt the sugar. Start with just the 1.5 cups as you can always add more to taste. Let it cool completely before adding the fresh juice. Let sit overnight in the fridge. Just before serving, for looks add back some of the reamed out rinds that you stashed in the fridge, too, with a little sugar tossed on them.
______________

I have been making lots of progress on my APQ project as you can see. Had to put a section of each star up on the design wall so I wouldn't duplicate a pattern too much. I now have eleven stars and think I might just shoot for the full sixteen as the pattern shows. It will make a nice size for the bed if I do that.

Comments