APQ issue #100

This week the October issue of American Patchwork and Quilting arrived in my mailbox.

It is the only quilting magazine I subscribe to now. I used to have several magazines pile up every month or two and I got tired of not having the time to make all the wonderful projects they contained. But my favorite has been APQ. I seem to always find something I want to work on-eventually.

On page 67 of this issue - #100 - I found the most charming antique scrap quilt. I just knew this was something I could make using Aunt Donna scraps.

One of the things I like about APQ projects is that quilt tester Laura Boehnke always gives you other color options. These were more controlled and planned than the original antique version. And it gave me some good ideas.

Having three BIG bags of Aunt Donna Christmas scraps (and that doesn't count the bag of snowmen and snowflakes), I cut a formica template and set out cutting what I figured will be over 800 triangles.

Looks like I'm well on my way to starting a new UFO! That's unfinished object for the unintiated.

Comments