Quilt Retreat, here I come!

My guild is having our annual quilt retreat starting Thursday. This is a 4-day sew and eat-fest in the woods about an hour and a half north of town. I can think of nothing better than being at camp and sewing.

It takes days to pack. A few years ago I came up with a packing list that gets revised every year to include the things that I forgot to take the year before. Projects that have been cut out and set aside in separate bags are stacked high in my rolling cart. There is no way I will get to all of them, but I want to be prepared in case I get bored!

But that didn't stop me from starting a new project. Here's just a hint. It's been on my list of wanna-makes for several years now and I decided not to wait any longer. The main fabric is this great vegetable dye piece made in India.

I hope to have lots of fun things to post next week and maybe you will get to see more of this latest work.

Oh... and we are supposed to all bring snacks for the group. Guess who pulled the big bag of chips I had bought off the table a la fruitcakes. Yes, she had eaten half the bag by the time I got home from work this evening. Thankfully she did not get sick this time, but she did not get dinner either.

Comments