Needlecase

I'm headed out of town for the weekend. Going to see my dad and my sister and meet my sister's new puppy. My sister called last night to say she and Daddy were at the ER. Nothing life-threatening, but definitely worth a trip to the hospital. And so far he is still there waiting on some test results, so I am preparing to spend some time at the hospital during my visit. That means I need to take some handwork with me.

Every time I pack supplies for a "go" project, I can't figure out how to transport a few needles and pins. Guess that means it was time to make a needlecase.

I dug around in my scraps and found this piece of strata made by my friend Virginia for a Louisa Smith project. A red print piece for the lining and a spare bit of batting were cut 3" x 5.5" and stitched to the piece of strata. I took a piece of old rayon seam binding and sewed it in half lengthwise and turned it to make a tie.

A little piece of felt trimmed with pinking shears and an old button finish this off just perfectly. I'll be taking a double wedding ring quilt that belongs to one of my directors to work on the binding, but I'm hoping Daddy will get to go home before the weekend.

Comments