Retreat 2010 - My projects

Our annual out of town quilt retreat was last week. This is one of my most favorite things all year. But this year, I was not feeling very well, so I don't think I got the most out of it.

But I did complete the APQ stars top. Was glad to be done with all those 45 degree inset pieces. I think it came out pretty well. Lots going on with those fabrics, for sure.

I started another Christmas Northwind. Took the Sharyn Craig class back in 2003. I hate that she is retiring from teaching. I still use lots of tips I learned in that class that carry over to all my other projects.

Got all the border blocks pieced for my first year presidents blocks quilt. I will have fun putting it all together now.

I didn't take as much time taking pictures this year as I have still not read the manual for my new camera. So for now, if I get a good shot, it's a happy accident. I am having fun playing with the macro setting.

Usually the weather is cool enough on retreat that we can set our beverages out on the deck ledge to cool them down rather than walk all the way around to the other room to use their fridge. This was on Friday when we actually had a little bit of snow for awhile.

It was all gone before the sun set.

Comments