Retreat 2010 - The Equipment

The diverse array of sewing machines at retreat is pretty interesting. Some people bring multiple machines depending on what they plan to work on or in case one has a breakdown. This year, though, I believe we had the oldest machine ever brought to retreat.

Donna's 1884 Singer Model 12

Love the decals.

Gwen's 1939 Featherweight

They just don't put that kind of detail in anything anymore.
How pretty.

Donna's 1947 Singer treadle
She machine quilted the prettiest feathers on this thing.

We called them "treathers."

My 1957 White in the table made for it by my Granddaddy

Susan's 1972 Singer 177C

Gail's Bernina 1130

Patty's Viking Designer II

Judy W.'s Pfaff

Daime's lightweight Janome

Jill's Bernina Aurora 440

Comments

Heather said…
Great photos, Lisa! Love that macro.

Would you believe I sold a 1937 Singer Featherweight a few years ago on eBay? Sigh. . . . .I was short on cash. Oh, well.