Retreat - Day 2

And now back to reporting on quilt retreat... Friday morning we had the good folks from Cahawba Quilt Shop in Centreville come set up shop for us. I won't say how affordable the fabric was, but it was cheap enough that I broke my no-buy rule just a little. They had lots and lots of 30's reproduction prints that they were clearing out of their inventory. Who doesn't love 30's? I did buy for specific current projects. It was hard not to pass up the opportunity to buy yardage for backs at such great prices.

Decisions, decisions. A great time to pick out cuddle quilt fabrics.

It was so busy, our folks even had to help cut.

So, the morning was pretty much consumed with shopping.
Here's what I bought.

And I had fun helping my friend Joie create a 30's stash.
Nothing like helping someone else spend money!

In the afternoon I worked on my patriotic diamond stars from Aunt Donna scraps. I had previously cut these out and arranged them at home. I can't believe I got them all sewn together. I used a Billie Lauder trick to sew them for Y seams. Made them go so much faster.

Comments