Last year I bought the last eight matching Christmas napkins at a nearby linens store. Not having any napkin rings, I started making some by cutting up toilet paper roll tubes. I tested a too-short length of green velvet ribbon and that's as far as I got.
Of course I had plans to complete them in January when I would surely have plenty of time. Didn't happen.
So this year, with only four days left before Christmas dinner, I decided to finish them. I determined the proper length for the ribbon and used double sided tape to hold it in place while I wrapped. The last little bit was tucked inside using a glue gun.
The green velvet is pretty, but rather plain, so I went in search of just the right embellishments. A skinnier red velvet ribbon and some mismatched gold buttons looked like the perfect finish. I stayed up way too late putting them together.