Snow Day = Sew Day

Thankfully we did not get the raging winter storm that was predicted for our immediate area although parts of the state did get several inches of ice and snow.

Underlying the fluffy stuff is a layer of crunchy ice. This makes travel a little difficult and a whole lot dangerous when you live in an area not used to getting harsh winter weather on a regular basis. There was enough ice to cause schools and lots of businesses to close for the day including my work.

You can see the tracks of a few brave souls who have ventured out on my street today.

I cleared a path on my deck at one point yesterday afternoon, but it was soon covered up again. I would guess I might have about an inch of snow on top.

Last night I swept the snow off my front porch so it won't melt onto the porch boards when it warms up. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's, so I imagine this wintry wonderland will disappear pretty quickly. I won't be sad. I'm not a fan of snow, at least not at my house. It's just frozen water to me and water on the house means the potential for damage.

But today I am sewing! I'm actually working on the last of the Land's End blocks. Look for an update soon.

Comments