Radiant Star

I am now three quarters of the way through the Land's End blocks. This is the Radiant Star block, the official name for this variation of the classic feathered star.

While it looks complicated, I got my friend Gail to print out a foundation pattern from EQ6 to the exact size. This helped me avoid the possibility that the templates weren't the right size.

And I like to paper piece, so it worked up relatively quickly. I stuck all the pieces to my portable ironing board with applique pins so they wouldn't blow away with the overhead fan on.

I love the tin I keep my applique pins in.

A few partial seams to put it all together and
I'm really pleased with the final result.

I also like the scrappy nature of the feathers.

Only one more pieced block and two applique blocks to go.

Comments